[CentOS-devel] Why there are still xfsprogs-2.9.4 in centos 5?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 30 10:40:55 UTC 2010

On 29/06/2010 10:22, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Redhat has already updated it to 2.10.2 for at least half a year.
>> (https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel-xfs-errata.html)
>
> now go read the rest of the rhn announcement...

I got a bunch of people email'ing me about this - so maybe a
clarification is in order.

so to clarify -> there is *no* xfs support in RHEL-5

In order to get xfs working on RHEL-5, one needs to buy an additional
Red Hat product which comes with xfs userland tools and the support etc
for these setups. Packages from this channel do not make it to
ftp.redhat.com. So feel free to yank the upstream crank if you want to
see that changed, or point Tru at the updated xfs tools and see if he
will consider updating the CentOS packages to match.

- KB