[CentOS-devel] DRBD again...

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon May 31 16:05:19 UTC 2010

A while we discussed dropping the old drbd packages out of the repo.
I have a two node cluster I rolled from the same ks file and built
rpms from a supported version of drbd using their trivial and well
documented method, so when I needed help, I could get it:)

During a `yum update` on only "one" node, it wants to replace
drbd.x86_64 8.3.7-1 with drbd82? Uh, ok...

I don't have the genuine skill to manage packages for a repo of such
importance like a CentOS repo, but an abandoned package is of equal
harm. When a user installs those and then goes to the drbd list for
help I suspect he would get the same reply if he installed CentOS 5.0
then encountered an issue and asked for help. Fair? The list of fixes
from 8.2.x to current is long.

Given the package building is so well done for drbd, by Linbit, does
it make sense to duplicate their effort and simply make work for the
maintainers of this repo?

Thanks guys,
jlc