[CentOS-devel] build errors with some RHEL6 packages

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 17 10:27:21 UTC 2010

On 11/16/2010 05:12 PM, David Hrbáč wrote:
>> You say old, I say working.
> Are there any on-line references on this issue I can read about?

The important thing is - what is in place now works, and works well. I
dont see anything interesting in the newer mock builds to merit an
upgrade. On the other hand, was it not you who originally reported
issues with the file name based deps were broken for a long time with
yum-3.0 / mock > 0.7; and then there were selinux issues with mock >=8
on EL5. I remember working through some of these issues with Tuomo (
bleve on irc.f.n ).

In all fairness, since CentOS-3 is now EOL, the next step might be to
re-eval the situation and only consider the components we need to build.
A good time to do that would be when we merge the C-6 buildsys stuff
into the regular buildsystem. For now, since the C-6 buildqueues will (
or would have ) stayed quite busy for a while, we didnt want that to
cause backlogs on updates for c4/c5 going out - so we setup a parallel
bsys instance.

I will make sure that a lot of noise is made when we start merging stuff
in, and all help / comments would be very welcome :) the 'new' system is
based around a stom-server instance with various task-threads hanging
off, extremely simple and very ripe for public distribution.

Much of this is perhaps not be relevant to the topic..

- KB