[CentOS-devel] Considering repo re-structuring

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 20:31:36 UTC 2010

On 26/11/10 19:13, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/26/2010 06:52 PM, Ned Slider wrote:
>> Personally I would suggest a 2 DVD set for everything, and a somewhat
>> lighter "Server" DVD as per upstream that has room to grow during
>> subsequent update releases. That combined with the minimal network
>> install ISO image should cover most people's requirements?
>
> I am also quite keen on the idea of retaining our single-merged distro,
> atleast as the main option. And then perhaps a slightly light(er) weight
> alternative.
>
> Who now wants to take up the task of working out the package set which
> should be on this alternative media ?

Well, I'd suggest starting with the package set on the upstream Server
disk as that looks fairly complete to me. There are some common
"Desktop" packages missing that might want to be added - evolution,
pidgin, thunderbird, xchat, and maybe even OpenOffice if there's room,
but most stuff is already there.