[CentOS-devel] Considering repo re-structuring

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 29 12:26:14 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 11/27/2010 05:32 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> on a support point of view ( from a RHEL perspective) : most (if not
>> all) of the packages in the optional repo for rhel6-server are in fact
>> packages supported in the Workstation/Client subscription. So they are
> Is there any chance that the packages in the optional repo will be the same as
> packages in some other repo but at different revs (presumably so that by

I believe that is indeed the case. server-optional is not identical to
<something else variant>-optional.

For dep loops and build ordering / mock config buildout / chroot
population, I know for a fact that the optional pkgs have been
considered upstream as well.

Although, they have had some really weird build linking, making me think
that they have decided to adopt our model of non-standard build roots :D

- KB