[CentOS-devel] minimal install CentOS-6 media
mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 29 07:30:17 EST 2010
so in order to quantify exactly what should be on the minimal install set :
- support install from optical media
- support install from usb disk
- install as native platform
+ install to Xen domU
+ install to kvm VM
- Functional on post-install
+ firstboot ( for hooks etc that people put in )
+ yum with the standard centos repos
+ functional dhcp client
+ functional ipv6 stack + ipv4 stack
+ iptables and ip6tables
* What else should added in ?
* Should we remove some more excess ?
* what is the thinking on lsb state for this media ?
* Finally, I am conflicted on the idea of dropping the gui installer
completely. On one hand, we could claw back serious disk space - on the
other hand, it drastically changes the install experience. Tbh, the
install experience is a bigger deal. But worth pointing out.
More information about the CentOS-devel