[CentOS-devel] Looking for input from EPEL

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Sep 1 13:34:46 UTC 2010

  On 09/01/2010 03:55 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 9/1/10 5:57 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Ofcourse, the fact that epel will end up rebuilding packages that are in
>> rhel core is going to be an interesting twist - specially when pkg
>> maintainers are different.
> How can this possibly work with other 3rd party repos?  Or does EPEL still not
> admit that other repos exist and are absolutely necessary?
The mere fact that Stephen asked here is the proof that EPEL DOES care
about other repos. I also would like to point to Kevin's message (
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2010-August/msg00158.html )
which also proves that EPEL does try to avoid creating interoperability
problems [*]
Please, let's focus on technical issues and not restart an useless flame
war.

[*] even if (sadly) other maintainers do not care about anything beyond
fedora