[CentOS-devel] Brief status update, please?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 4 13:29:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 04/04/2011 01:40 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I checked the web forum in case there was something new there, and there
> doesn't appear to be. It's been a couple of weeks without news. Thanks.

External mirrors should start seeing the 5.6 tree about now, along with
updates etc. I hope to have torrents up later today and perhaps release
announcement from there. We have cleaned up the msync stuff quite a bit
since 5.4 days, so hopefully we can repeat the 5.5 release process where
we got external mirrors sync'd in under 24 hrs.

On the other hand, we have had over 200 new mirrors since 5.5 release!
So lets see how that pans out.

re: 6, I'm still saying 2 - 3 weeks from 5.6 Announcement. In more
tangible terms : short of 60 pkgs, 6.0 is all done. But keep in mind
this is the distro 'tree', much fun to be had after that with anaconda,
mirror setups, yum policies etc. ( so if anyone has kickstarts, test
scripts : specially for  acceptance and integration; do share ).

- KB