[CentOS-devel] Brief status update, please?

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com
Mon Apr 4 17:27:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 4 April 2011 13:40, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
>
>> I checked the web forum in case there was something new there, and there
>> doesn't appear to be. It's been a couple of weeks without news. Thanks.
>
> Matthew,
>
> Please tell me that I am not in a time warp or falling into a black hole.
>
> How does my last posting [1] (dated 2011/3/31) fit into your assertion
> of "a couple of weeks without news"?
>
> Regards,
> Alan.
>
> [1] https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29685&forum=53

I'm completely flabbergasted that, given all of the arguing, you
didn't think to post any of these status updates to the mailing lists?
 The MLs have been a powder keg for months and you never thought to
mention these updates in any of those threads?  Or realized that no
one was reading the forum and additionally posted them to the MLs?

Doing such a simple thing would've seriously prevented a large amount
of noise had this been posted to the MLs as a new message, under its
own subject to each list (Main and Devel).

The whole point of everyone's complaining has simply been lack of information.

// Brian Mathis