[CentOS-devel] submit a RPM

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Apr 6 23:20:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Personally, I don't see the point of having anything in a
> CentOS-specific repo that would be equally usable on RHEL, SL, etc., and
> having it there will set up a likely conflict with an EPEL or Rpmforge
> version unless they are maintained in sync.  Things that use the extra
> features of the centosplus kernel would be an obvious exception and
> there are probably others.

I would even vote for not picking up anything other than what upstream is
doing. I much rather have more timely releases and updates, fastrack, and
maybe other RHN channels (eg. EAL), than using those resources for
extracurricular activities like DRBD packages, a centosplus kernel, etc...

ELRepo is pretty much the place nowadays for additional kernel modules,
kernel functionality and kernels. And there's RPMforge and EPEL that allow
contributions.