[CentOS-devel] what / how could test reports be published

Athmane Madjoudj athmanem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 00:55:10 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 05:28 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 02:06 PM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
>> I need this to prepare a similar environment for testing.
>
> Ok, lets get a git repo together with whatever is needed to put together
> a harness that people can deploy locally to help them with this process.
> A fair bit of stuff is there already, lets see how much of that is
> usable outside the centos-qa-environ

Hi Karanbir

Here's my thoughts that I'm trying to implement, let me know if it's OK
so I can start by now (in my spare time):

- Setup a CentOS-based web-server $SERVER for hosting centos yum repo,
kernel+initrd ,kickstarts, test-scripts.

- Write a python script, that:
   1. run virt-install with -l http://$SERVER/centos  -x
http://$SERVER/kickstars/ks --nographics (serial console)

   2. Connect to the system (serial console) download tests and run them
('pexpect' module), the output should be text only.

Regards.

--
Athmane Madjoudj
RHCE