[CentOS-devel] [QA] Test-scripts for Dovecot POP3/IMAP

Michael Simpson mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:03:53 UTC 2011

On 14 April 2011 09:34, Mister IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com> wrote:
> Hmmm -- I don't mind waiting, I'm trying to hold onto my enthusiasm
> here. I can guess, or try and piece together an answer for myself, but
> just some inkling that I was noticed, or something.
> --
> Mister IT Guru

I wondered the same thing so i channeled my inner "misc" and opened up
the tests in my favourite text editor.
They test for basic functionality
ie create a basic configuration, switch it on and check that it is
working and give an exit status of pass or fail.
The conversation above suggests that it would be gold standard for the
test for each service to be able to successfully install the service
onto a minimal set up as well rather than having separate install and
test scripts.

open them up and have a look :)

regards

mike