[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Apr 15 16:12:14 UTC 2011

<https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25878&forum=53>

  My current understanding is that the ongoing build of CentOS 6.0 is still
  running in minimal mode. I expect it to pick up speed once all the current
  CentOS 5.6 updates have been built and pushed to the update queue.

  I will be discussing the 6.0 build status with Karanbir in the next few
  days and hopefully will have something a little less tenuous to report
  early-ish next week.

  I think it is fair to say that as CentOS 6.0 is a new entry into the
  product line, it may spend somewhat more time in QA whilst the critical
  eyes give it close scrutiny.

  --
  Alan

Presumably, this means that it is reasonable to expect a longer window than
the early optimistic estimates of two weeks after the CentOS 5.6 release.