[CentOS-devel] WebSite V2 - progress

David Hrbáč david-lists at hrbac.cz
Mon Apr 18 18:00:53 UTC 2011

Dne 16.4.2011 12:16, Yury V. Zaytsev napsal(a):
> 1) Version control based static generator, i.e. jekyll or hyde
> 2) All-in-one CMS stack for typical SMB websites (Drupal, CMSMS)
> 3) Framework-based website (i.e. Django + Django-CMS etc.)

Yury,
Wow, I see you have plenty of time :o). Great post. As to CMS,
framework, static pages, etc. This is something very hard for me to
decide. I don’t know actual page statistics on www.centos.org. This
point is very important to consider. So we need to know actual traffic
to seriously start thinking on technical part of implementation. You may
be considering Drupal, but the actual traffic might be so high, that
Drupal without cache, memcached, etc. won't be able do deliver pages
smoothly and quickly.
As to the three proposed designs. Sorry guys don't take it personally, I
don't like either of them.
DH