[CentOS-devel] HyperV Linux Integration Services added to Centos?Plus?

Peter J. Pouliot peter at pouliot.net
Tue Aug 23 01:46:58 UTC 2011

Unfortunately you are missing the point.  I've been building repos since redcarpet, and I'm not looking for any repo.  I'm looking for having an option for the centos community who may be using HyperV as thier hypervisor.

I would like have the work we have done for building RHEL 6 rpms used to create offical "Centos" signed packages for the LIS included in the centos-plus perminately as well as have an offical
"Centos" media or boot options on the current install media for installing as an enlighented guest on hyperv.

Also for the record, it is impossible to install an enlighened centos guest on HyperV using your method.  Your method would require installing via emulated drivers on emulated devices then recreating the vm using the same disk image and all new synthetic (paravirt) devices rather than just installing on synthetic devices from the start to take advantage of the paravirt/enlightened I/O during install.

Cheers,