[CentOS-devel] TOMOYO security module in the centosplus kernel

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:17:20 UTC 2011

I would like to continue this thread under a new subject.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Tetsuo Handa
<from-centos at i-love.sakura.ne.jp> wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 10/27/2011 04:57 AM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
>> > My apologies. I was misunderstanding. I was assuming that making changes in
>> > "struct security_operations" breaks the kABI. But it seems it does not.
>>
>> excellent, lets do it then.
>>
> I see. Created http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5219 for this topic.

As can be seen in that bug report, the centosplus kernel has had
TOMOYO security module enabled since kernel-2.6.32-131.21.1.el6.

Handa-san, do you think it is a good idea to apply patches [1]
referenced on the TOMOYO 2.2 page [2]?

The cplus kernel can easily accommodate patches like that until they
eventually appear in the upstream kernel.

Akemi

[1] http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/2.2/patches/
[2] http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/2.2/install.html.en