[CentOS-devel] custom iso spin

Jeff Sheltren jeff at tag1consulting.com
Thu Dec 29 14:20:55 UTC 2011

2011/12/28 夜神 岩男 <supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp>

> On 12/29/2011 02:09 PM, lowlux wrote:
> > I am also interested in doing this...
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Larry Brigman <larry.brigman at gmail.com
> > <mailto:larry.brigman at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I see the small ISO images but I would like
> >     to build something custom but not a live image.
> >
> >     What tools do you use to create these images?
> >     Is there some documentation on building a custom iso spin?
> >     I would also like to be able to drive the tools.
>
> I was just about to ask this exact same question. I use livecd-creator
> and some ks files to create livecds, and that's nice, but I have a need
> now to create a more complete network-boot installer which includes a
> lot of changes/different packages.
>
> And I completely don't remember how to do it anymore. There is a utility
> for this, and its not livecd-creator (or the gui revisor thing, either)
> grrrr...

I agree with Scott that it sounds like pxe booting (you could also use the
netboot iso/usb disk if you prefer) and kickstart sounds like it'll meet
your needs.  If you really want to create a custom installer, that's a bit
more difficult, but you're probably thinking of the Fedora tools like
Revisor.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Custom

-Jeff