[CentOS-devel] Third call for sessions for the FOSDEM cross-distribution miniconference]

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 30 04:39:45 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 04:32 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> I've just sent over a couple of ideas. Lets hope I am not too late and
> there is some interest in one of the talks.

For the sake of completeness here are the talk options :

- CentOS Distribution engineering. What we do, how we do it, why we do
it the way we do it and how people can come help.

- Agile methodologies for a contributory distribution engineering team,
what works, what fails, ( including examples, tools  and demos )

- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery within a Linux Distribution.

- Distribution mirroring in the 2010's : the 1980's called, they wanted
their ideas back. Or why mirroring still sucks so much and why
bittorrent isn't the answer.

- Security teams, why everyone must have one and how to handle a
situation where the Govt comes knocking.

Only one, if any, of those are likely to be accepted at Fosdem - I'm
developing all five though and hope to present them through 2012 at
various venues. If there are any interesting conferences and meetups
where this sort of a thing might be topical, please do let me know and I
shall try to submit a talk / attend.

- KB