[CentOS-devel] custom iso spin

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Dec 30 16:25:28 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 10:10 AM, 夜神 岩男 wrote:
> On 12/30/2011 10:28 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>>
>>> I appreciate the reference, I'll give it a look.

>>> Specific question. You mentioned plague. Are you using Koji now for
>>> build management or something else?
>>
>> Something else ... no koji at all here.
>
> ...which would be?
>
> Or was that supposed to be mysterious and intriguing?

No, It was supposed to answer the question that you asked.  We are not
using Koji ... we are using something else.

We have a custom build system.  It uses a beanstalkd workqueue to submit
packages to mock and can scale up or down as required and submit
packages to several build machines.  If we need to build 2500 packages,
we can add extra machines to the system.

But mock on an x86_64 machine is what is actually building packages.
The buildsystem around it could just as easily be the command line
passing the proper variables to mock.  In fact, it is just individual
jobs being passed into mock and some other way to "queue" up the packages.