[CentOS-devel] php53 / bind97

Thu Feb 3 13:41:05 UTC 2011

On 27/01/11 15:16, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> php53 and bind97 from the 5.6/ tree are available in the c5-testing
> repo, so test away. Consider the pkgs as mostly production ready, but
> features that rely on other new pkgs or updates in 5.6 may not work. If
> you run into one, let us know either on the list here, or in
> #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Hi KB, I am attaching a patch that is needed in order to build the
"bind97" package with BIND DLZ (dynamically loadable zones) on an x86_64
system.

Specifically, we make heavy use of BIND DLZ with MySQL/Postgres as a
backend. I wanted to make our own BIND package for our internal repo but
it wouldn't compile against the *right* MySQL in /lib64, it kept looking
in /lib for the libraries.

This patch is actually one I got from the SRPM of CentOS' bind-9.3
package I believe, but I can't find it there anymore, so not sure
exactly which version I got it from. This works for BIND 9.6 as well
which we are also using.

Note that to make the patch work, you must compile BIND using the
following steps:

1. Install the patch
2. Run 'autoconf' again
3. Run configure with the following options:

./configure --with-libtool --with-pic --enable-threads
--disable-openssl-version-check --with-dlz-mysql=yes --disable-static

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
Khusro