[CentOS-devel] progress?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu Feb 17 01:54:47 UTC 2011

Dag Wieers wrote:
 > On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
 >
 > RHEL6.1 is ready for a beta release, it's not unlikely CentOS 6 is
 > released after RHEL6.1 beta (or even RHEL6.1 GA) ?

Scientific Linux 6.0 is yet to be released, and Oracle Unbreakable DVD's
where released only 5 days ago. If CentOS development process/team is so
slow, and 4 months behind as someone pointed out, how come SL and Oracle
haven't released 6.0 over 2-3 months ago?

I belive I can not scold CentOS dev team about them being slow since I
have not contributed anything. And since non-profit CentOS will be only
2-3 weeks (a month at maximum) behind well funded projects, I belive
they are doing amazing job. And I do know and appreciate how much you
have done for all of us.