[CentOS-devel] progress?

Steve Meyers steve-centos at spamwiz.com
Sat Feb 19 16:33:19 UTC 2011

On 2/19/11 8:44 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> And while I may very well have missed what others are interested in,
> I'm interested mostly in the buildhost magic, and there is magic at
> the buildhost level in any rebuild.  Even if the magic is not
> automated......  And I'm not at all interested in 'competing' with
> the CentOS project; I don't have the bandwidth, for one, even if I do
> have the storage.

I completely agree.  I am interested in duplicating it so I can learn
more about the process, and through that perhaps be able to contribute
to the project.  I think what would be ideal would be something like a
kickstart plus a puppet configuration for the buildhost, or at least a
wiki page documenting the exact steps for setting up a buildhost.

Steve