[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Sat Feb 19 23:52:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Richard McClellan <richmc at gmail.com> wrote:

> A few days on this list was enough to give me a fresh interest in finding an alternative to CentOS.

Like Dennis Miller, I could be wrong about this, but:

1) it appears that the howto build information has been available all along
2) incomplete/incorrect SRPMS from upstream present the problems
3) the rest is challenging on a case by case basis (figuring out
what's missing from the SRPM and putting said into the build root)
4) apparently even #3 is documented in bug reports to the upstream
5) all of this goes out the door and into the trash with RHEL 6