[CentOS-devel] progress?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Feb 20 00:32:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> For the vast majority of packages, we make no changes.  We rebuild it
> and test it.  If the binary passes the test, we use it.  If the binary
> does not pass the test we troubleshoot and figure out why it does not
> pass the test ... and we change things OUTSIDE the SRPM to fix the
> problem.

Yes, and those changes are closed.

But then again we first have to establish the notion that a CentOS release
that is 2 or 3 months behind RHEL is a huge security problem to CentOS
users (and probably to the CentOS infrastructure as well).

I don't think it makes any sense to discuss the CentOS project's
transparency if we cannot admit that we are doing a lousy job regarding
our core business. The lack of competition in this space surely didn't
help keeping us on our toes.