[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sun Feb 20 00:49:02 UTC 2011

On Saturday, February 19, 2011 07:14:09 pm Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 02/19/2011 06:00 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > I certainly have learned a few things during these recent threads that I wasn't aware of previously.

> And JohnS, before you ask who Lamar is (he also does not have a
> centos.org e-mail address) ... he was the maintainer of the PostGreSQL
> RPMs that were distributed in Red Hat Linux for quite a few years before
> he turned those over, so he has also rebuilt a few SRPMS in his time.

And I would have been in rpm building heaven had mock been available back then.....I had to do things the hard way, on multiple hand-tuned buildhosts on multiple distributions.  That sort of environment is why mach and mock came into being in the first place, as I recall.

See ftp://ftp-archives.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.0.3/RPMS/ for the melange I worked with early on.... I don't remember the LinuxPPC-2000 builds, for some reason....  but most of the later stuff is gone, thanks to the long backport history for 7.2.x, 7.3.x, and 7.4.x.  But it is a nostalgia trip to re-read README.rpm-dist from 7.1.3....

Devrim has done well since then.

That means, of course, I bring baggage into the current situation that I have to unlearn.... :-)