[CentOS-devel] progress?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sun Feb 20 14:15:47 UTC 2011

js wrote:
> I apply more credits to Dag so we can have more details.
> note:
> people equipped with brains are polite, think about it.

I do not see how you could ever reach this conclusion. Politeness has
nothing to do with intelligence (If we overlook the fact that ALL
people/homo sapiens HAVE the brain :-D ).

It's more of the emotional response to irritating environment. I for one
become more aggressive when extreme heat is applied to my body making me
aggressive driver when I have no way of cooling myself.

I also get highly irritated when those less intelligent then my self
(99%) start *insisting* (repeating it over and over) that I explain to
them some things they are not capable of grasping. I have reasonable
tolerance built-in in my brain/personality. I do freelance IT
maintenance and I am also a local WISP so I am used to explain absolute
basics OVER AND OVER AND OVER... without snapping at them, but my
tolerance caves under extended time of applied pressure. I then snap on
them, or someone else around in order to vent-out.

Also, there must be a lot of people, that talked with me over the phone,
believing that I was rude just because I would end the conversation
right after we finished conversing the stuff call was all about. I just
can not process the need mediocre/most of people have to prolong the
conversation after the reason for calling is fulfilled, just because the
conversation was very short (for example, they ask me when I can come to
check something, I answer them and then try to finish the conversation
so I can continue what I was doing). This excludes if I consider them
friends or the caller starts the conversation with "I wanted to
hear/talk to you" or similar.

Politeness is mostly used to mask someones true intent in order to have
you like them, thus improving their influence over you. Take a look at
the worst scum on this planet, politicians, lawyers and hustlers and
there is not need for further explanation. It's JUST a mask, you will
never be as polite to esthetically ugly person as you are to gorgeous
female or VIP unless you realize this and forceably correct you behavior.

I prefer that people are open and honest to me, and to tell me to stop
irritate them, then for them to pretend.

And when I work I *HATE* to waist my time trying to explain what exactly
I am doing, especially if I am helping someone without compensation.
"How much longer Papa Smurf?" makes me want to just give up and do
something more gratifying.

P.S. Sorry for the great off-topic

Ljubomir