[CentOS-devel] progress?

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Feb 20 17:34:01 UTC 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 12:29 PM, lostson wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 18:13 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>
>> I don't think most of the users ever expected to be without security
>> updates for 10 weeks or more when choosing CentOS, and that is an
>> important characteristic.
>>
> I would say that is a good point 10 weeks without security updates is a
> black eye for the project.

So wear an eye-patch and try a tin-foil hat to secure your thoughts.

Truly: this thread -- and the need to repond/snser -- are what is
delaying CentOS releasing 5.6 and 6.0.

There's nothing wrong with post-mortem anaylysis, and there's nothing
wrong with doing that transparently, but isn't the real issue here

	Where are the package and the release?

And that means that Getting Things Done is more important than the rest.

I'll be quiet now ... but this thread went noplace several times historically
and there is no hope of final answers here.

73 de Jeff