[CentOS-devel] progress?

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Mon Feb 21 14:32:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

>  * Thanks to more people understanding what is involved, the automation
>    part (tools, scripts, ...) can improve as well. You mention that SRPMs
>    are not being changed, but the environment for each build may be
>    adapted. Looks to me a good tool describing this for those packages is
>    useful. (If only to share that information between our advanced users)

Dag,

Jeff Johnson has been very helpful in outlining some of the issues
involved with SRPMS and, since you arguably maintain more RPMs than
anyone else in the world,  I'd like to ask you if the changes to the
build environment (e.g., fPIC) can be done:

1) in the SRPM with extant structures
2) would require a mod to the data structures
3) (suboptimally) would require a separate database of compiler parms, etc.

THANKS for your response.

kind regards/ldv/vaden at texoma.net