[CentOS-devel] netlink_kernel_create() always returns NULL

YANG youngyt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:10:52 UTC 2011

My code fragment is below:

"*nl_sk = netlink_kernel_create(16, 0, nl_data_ready, THIS_MODULE);"*

It can be "make" and "insmod" correctly. But error mesage is printed into
log. It indicates the netlink_kernel_create() returns NULL.

Once I change the firt parameter to another(<32 && >16), system crash when I
execute insmod.

Is the protocol ID occupied? Why can't use another and how to define a new
ID? I have tried to update net_link.h but fail also.