[CentOS-devel] progress?

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Tue Feb 22 17:22:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de> wrote:
> Maybe it has something to do with the CentOS
> project and not with the fact that are only idiots out there who can't
> contribute to the project.

1) RHEL is the intellectual property of RedHat, subject to the
licenses of the work of OSS giants
2) RH will seek to maximize RH shareholder equity
3) RH has hand-selected certain RH employees to perform the CentOS
project, not more, not fewer
4) to make it more difficult for competitors, there are in Lamar's
words, sniggles
5) RH pays partial lip service to "we stand on the shoulders of OSS giants"
6) RH looks at CentOS as a farm club of future rate-payers

IOW, much of this is about #3.