[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Andrea Veri av at gnome.org
Fri Jan 28 10:56:50 UTC 2011

Il giorno 28/gen/2011, alle ore 10.43, Ralph Angenendt ha scritto:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Andrea Veri <av at gnome.org> wrote:
>> The point now is: which kind of software should the main website use if
>> the decision would be to give it a new look. Well, IMHO the best solution
>> at the moment would be to use drupal, it's easy to use and it has anything
>> needed to make a website rocking. (I've also been using it for a while and I
>> can tell drupal is a great CMS software)
>
> Not wanting to chase you away, this is probably best discussed on
> centos-devel. There have been discussions and also a test machine for
> getting the forums out of the main website (php-bb seemed the way to
> go for that at the moment), because that has to be done before website
> redesign.

I've subscribed to this m-l as well. Anyway I see no point in waiting to have
this done since an eventual website redesign won't take a day and not even
a week. Forum transfer and website redesign can be done at the same time IMHO.

> There hasn't been a real discussion or decision on which software the
> main website should run on. Preferrably something which can be
> "updated" easily, even more preferrably if it can be done so via
> package management.

I don't know what is the drupal or phpbb packages status in CentOS, so I think
this will be your call. I've proposed drupal which looks to me as the best solution
to build a website using a cms atm. But up to you to decide and to check package's
status on repositories.

> That is where we can step in. At least a vm is possible.

sure. A vm is more than enough.

Andrea