[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Sat Jan 29 04:18:52 UTC 2011

Andrea Veri wrote on 01/28/2011 06:37 AM:
> for me it is a case of 'we know drupal'. I've been using it for some time now
> plus I'm working on another drupal istance for the Fedora insight team. (and
> we are making up some nice docs about the installation process and the modules
> needed etc.)

Andrea,

That seems to me to be a valid argument.  If someone is willing to step
up and devote substantial time to making Website 2.0 a reality, then
their desire to work within a familiar environment should carry a lot of
weight.

There has been a fair amount of discussion on the forum part of the new
website.  As a forum moderator, my primary concerns are:

1. A relatively seamless transition from the old site to the new,
preserving both content and internal links to the greatest extent
possible, and migrating existing active accounts.

2. A robust forum implementation, with ease of use being more important
than features.

3. A mechanism for registering new users that locks out the spambots
that have plagued the forum.  Individual spammers we can handle with
relative ease.  The bogus accounts by the thousands are much more of a
drain on resources.

Similar concerns apply to the Wiki - Seamless migration of existing
content, and an easy path for contributors to continue their work, while
preventing bad guys from doing damage.

Phil