[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:41:49 UTC 2011

Am 29.01.11 05:18, schrieb Phil Schaffner:

> 1. A relatively seamless transition from the old site to the new,
> preserving both content and internal links to the greatest extent
> possible, and migrating existing active accounts.

Internal links meaning links to already existing forum posts? That could
be quite hard to maintain (although yes, it would be great).

> 3. A mechanism for registering new users that locks out the spambots
> that have plagued the forum.  Individual spammers we can handle with
> relative ease.  The bogus accounts by the thousands are much more of a
> drain on resources.

Yes. Especially as not all of them can be weeded out via database access
easily, either. We did that with lots of accounts, but that didn't
really help in the long run.

> Similar concerns apply to the Wiki - Seamless migration of existing
> content, and an easy path for contributors to continue their work, while
> preventing bad guys from doing damage.

I really wouldn't touch the wiki stuff, except of upgrading to a new
version, maybe, once I can figure out a *working* way to do that. The
moin migration scripts aren't that hot.

Ralph