[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Andrea Veri av at gnome.org
Sun Jan 30 21:18:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 19:48 +0000, Ned Slider wrote:

> +100 to that.
>
> To me it is fairly evident that the website content isn't maintained on
> any sort of regular basis hence the current rot. The website might as
> well be a (fairly) static landing site pointing to things like downloads
> of the latest release, the Wiki, the forums, the mailing lists, the IRC
> channels etc where the active community actually resides. IMHO the Wiki
> largely replaces the need for any CMS.

I'm starting to give more and more importance to this idea. Also we can
easily maintain such website through a git repository where contributors
can push the changes directly to the code preventing any issue with LDAP
and cms-ldap integration.

The combos static website (HTML/CSS etc), phpbb and the existing wiki /
mailing lists can make a clean and nice alternative to our original idea
of setting up a cms.

Andrea