[CentOS-devel] Public mirrors leaking ISO files

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 9 08:43:56 UTC 2011

Shawn Thompson wrote:
> "leaks"
Yes, as in "drips through barriers" until whole dam is broken. Remember
story about Dutch kid that saved the dam by plugging his finger in dam's
little hole? If you are doing something, do it right or do not do it at all.

> This is just the silliest thing I have ever heard. This happens all
> the time, even with Windows. I see no cause for alarm, especially
> since this is FOSS. What's the problem?

I don't care you don't care. I know dev's value their invested time and
do not need more headaches.

Because it is not 100% complete. If someone (read hundreds possibly)
starts using ISO with a bug, then they could start complaining about
something wrong, and dev's and us willing to help could spend may hours
not knowing why is that persons PC behave like that. Not to mention
possible public name calls for no reason than not caring.

Ljubomir