[CentOS-devel] CentOS-devel Digest, Vol 77, Issue 6

Mark E. Wilt markwilt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 19:17:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 12:00 -0400, centos-devel-request at centos.org
wrote:

> Shawn Thompson wrote:
> > "leaks"
> Yes, as in "drips through barriers" until whole dam is broken. Remember
> story about Dutch kid that saved the dam by plugging his finger in dam's
> little hole? If you are doing something, do it right or do not do it at all.
> >
> > This is just the silliest thing I have ever heard. This happens all
> > the time, even with Windows. I see no cause for alarm, especially
> > since this is FOSS. What's the problem?
>
> I don't care you don't care. I know dev's value their invested time and You've
> do not need more headaches.
>
> Because it is not 100% complete. If someone (read hundreds possibly)
> starts using ISO with a bug, then they could start complaining about
> something wrong, and dev's and us willing to help could spend may hours
> not knowing why is that persons PC behave like that. Not to mention
> possible public name calls for no reason than not caring.
>
> Ljubomir
>

> ------------------------------

Let's see if I understand this - You've got "hundreds possibly" of
people who have been anxiously awaiting this release for months...you've
got a very real dearth of information coming out of "official" channels
regarding the status of the release (with the exception of
http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/, which announced that the sync to
external mirrors started a couple of days ago, and that the "bit flip"
should occur at any time), and you're chastising people for showing an
overwhelming interest in the product.

If you're so concerned about the potential problems with people "jumping
the gun", then COMMUNICATE THE STATUS!! Don't leave people in the dark
then act chagrined when people take it upon themselves to seek out what
they've been waiting for. I don't care that you don't care that he
doesn't care that there are leaks. I do care that you don't care to
share what you know with others so that they might behave in a rational
manner toward this much anticipated release.