[CentOS-devel] CentOS-devel Digest, Vol 77, Issue 6

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 9 19:49:08 UTC 2011

Mark E. Wilt wrote:
> Let's see if I understand this - You've got "hundreds possibly" of
> people who have been anxiously awaiting this release for months...you've
> got a very real dearth of information coming out of "official" channels
> regarding the status of the release (with the exception of
> http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/, which announced that the sync to
> external mirrors started a couple of days ago, and that the "bit flip"
> should occur at any time), and you're chastising people for showing an
> overwhelming interest in the product.
>
> If you're so concerned about the potential problems with people "jumping
> the gun", then COMMUNICATE THE STATUS!! Don't leave people in the dark
> then act chagrined when people take it upon themselves to seek out what
> they've been waiting for. I don't care that you don't care that he
> doesn't care that there are leaks. I do care that you don't care to
> share what you know with others so that they might behave in a rational
> manner toward this much anticipated release.

???

Who says I am not communicating what I know? I was asked to be admin on
CentOS Facebook page and I post on the wall everything I have learned
from both mailing lists and QA web site.

But I have no authority or authorization to post here, especially when
most of I learn is from centos-users and centos-devel mailing list. And
at least 20 times someone referred to QA web site in last month alone.

One of the members of CentOS Facebook page posted anaconda C6 screen and
said he downloaded it from official public mirror, so I alerted the
devs/mirror admins and was attacked for trying to help correcting the
problem.

And NO, I do not have any other "official" info, no chats, private
mails, PM's, etc.. I just look, read, remember and use my brain in order
to inform others (FB members mostly).

Since mirror network can (and mostly does) work by distributing only
differences, syncing majority of data for shortening the time of actual
release if logical, but as we were informed it is not all over yet and
those are not final versions. That is exactly what I wrote on FB page
all along. Go and take a look.

And if all mirrors were set properly this discussion would never happen.

Ljubomir