[CentOS-devel] Updates proposed but no post on centos-announce

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 00:04:55 UTC 2011

Reading the various e-mails in centos-devel list archives I understood that
each update for 6.0 would go through a specific centos-announce
e-mail....
is this correct?
I can found 2 install + 78 updates proposed to my CentOS system while
apparently no new message in
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-July/date.html
since 10th of July

Also in CentOS home page I can see:
"
Since upstream has a 6.1 version already released, we will be using a
Continous Release repository for 6.0
to bring all 6.1 and post 6.1 security updates to all 6.0 users, till
such time as CentOS-6.1 is released itself.
"

But I understood CR repo has to be specifically "activated"... how?

So what is current situation? Possibly lists.centos.org non updated
but e-mails actually sent to subscribers...?
In attach output of "yum update" on this system... as of 15th of July
when I tried (I didn't update)
Are perhaps these a sort of 0 day updates, as it happens in Fedora?

Thanks in advance
Gianluca