[CentOS-devel] announcing stuff that is in CR/

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Thu Jul 21 14:47:58 UTC 2011

On 21 July 2011 15:03, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> Opinions on what would be a good time to announce rpms that make it into
> the CR/ repo's ? As we build through 5.7 and 6.1, and start pushing the
> packages into the CR/ repo, should we also be announcing those updates ?
> On one hand it seems like the best time to announce it since the rpms
> are available - however they are only available to people who
> specifically opt into the CR/ process, so perhaps the best time to
> announce them would be when the rpms are in the os ( or updates/ ) repos
> in the next release.

My feeling is that an announcement should only be made when the
packages are finally available from either the os/ or updates/
repositories. Those of us who feel so inclined to use packages from
the proposed cr/ repo. will have the technical expertise to evaluate
the repository's contents on a daily basis (or any other frequency so
desired).

Alan.