[CentOS-devel] mantis e-mail

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 02:39:45 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 17.07.11 23:38, schrieb Gianluca Sforna:
>> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Akemi Yagi<amyagi at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I don't know if this can be changed but the way it is set up now is
>>> that you do not get email for your own action (submission/update/etc).
>>
>> Yeah, it is possible, this configuration parameters controls the feature:
>> /**
>>   * Whether user's should receive emails for their own actions
>>   * @global int $g_email_receive_own
>>   */
>> $g_email_receive_own = OFF;
>
> No idea if people expect that (I wouldn't), but we lived with that for
> ages now - and to be honest it is the first time I've heard someone
> complain about that.
>
> We can change it, but I do not want to change things for people who are
> already using the CentOS bug tracker for a longer time (normally I know
> what I typed, so I don't really need an acknowledging mail).

Several e-mail options are available under mantis' Account Preferences.
They are end-user "options" to enable/disable as checked, yet don't
function as presented. That's fine with me, now knowing the status
quo. I'm just thinking future b.c.o users might be similarly confused,
thereby using up more of your valuable time. ;-)

jerry