[CentOS-devel] Boot.Kernel.Org and CentOS

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Fri Jul 29 03:26:33 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| On Jul 28, 2011, at 5:20 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
|
| > hi guys,
| >
| > About a year or so back, there was some effort put into getting a
| > CentOS-5 image setup to work off boot.kernel.org and be able to get
| > that
| > install process working. That effort was abandoned since it needed
| > quite
| > a lot of work to be done, and was startig to become massively
| > intrusive.
| > The people involved with that effort, including me, are quite busy
| > with
| > a lot of stuff on the agenda at the moment and I was wondering if
| > anyone
| > would like to pickup CentOS-6 images and see whats needed to make
| > things
| > work off b.k.o
|
| I'll pick this up and run with it as well.
|
| -- Corey / KB1JWQ

Booting ISO images is available in a git branch of iPXE which is a fork of gPXE for which b.k.o. is built around.  I'm already using it to boot installation media for Windows and GNU/Linux from ISOs.  Doing it from the LiveCDs is pretty damn simple.

See http://git.ipxe.org/people/mcb30/ipxe.git/shortlog/refs/heads/httpsan

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group