[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 2 16:13:42 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 04:01 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
>> it actually does not, the -c option was tried at the time as well. It
>> turned out to be a bug in rsync itself ( in the 2.6.9 version ); who's
>> to say there are no more of those!
>
> ah, that would be a problem yes ;-)

I just realised that no mention was made of the problem - we had a
situation in 5.2 release days where a repomd file with a clearly
different timestamp was being considered by rsync to be identical, even
with the -c flag on. Similarly we had issues with the comps-extras rpms
being considered identical when they clearly were not, resigning the
package also made no difference.

> keep up the good work!

thanks