[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jun 21 15:29:24 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 04:22 PM, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
> If you are going to do this I would like to request that the srpms for the
> centos-release package are released at the same time as the distro. I use

absolutely, the packages which are distro specific, like anaconda,
centos-release and the notes etc will never make it to CR, since they
change almost upto the time that the isos are ready. But we can try and
make sure that the srpms for those are pushed at release time ( where
release time would be the date/time when the isos and distro for the
updated point release is pushed out )

> Also, would the CR repo be accessible via rsync?

I think thats a different conversation. It would depend on how far we
want to push the contents. if you need a a local copy, reposync should
work anyway.

- KB