[CentOS-devel] Updates from today

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.vu
Thu Mar 10 11:54:21 UTC 2011

-----Original message-----
To:	centos-devel at centos.org;
From:	Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>
Sent:	Thu 10-03-2011 21:29
Subject:	Re: [CentOS-devel] Updates from today
> On 03/09/2011 10:00 PM, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> >>
> >> 2 - 3 weeks from GA release of 5.6 is still a good time line to plan
> >> against.
> >
> > If the response to a question regarding "CentOS 6.0 status" only
> > relates to "GA release of 5.6", then, in spite of the constant
> > expected from CentOS", and "what is delivered by CentOS". Period. End
> > of story. Own up to it. Fix it.
>
> Take you expectations and your condescending attitude someplace else.
>
> You get a free operating system that is enterprise grade when we provide
> it for you.
>
> If you don't like it, don't use it.
>
> If you want a service level agreement with guaranteed deliverables, buy one.

Enough of this slanging match! The professionalism of this list has gone right down the tubes!

Please take the 'Ce' out and make it ntOS. It has nothing to do with Community or Enterprise.

I have decided to take all my servers to Scientific Linux forthwith.
I will not touch CentOS with a bargepole from now on.

Goodbye
Bill