[CentOS-devel] I want to help

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Mar 31 20:49:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Scott Dowdle wrote:

>> I don't know that if you have Red Hat support you can still access
>> these releases, but they were quite useful to CentOS users as well.
>
> I don't know if it was what you were referring to or not... but yes, supposedly with a RHN account, you have access to the individual patches for the RHEL6 kernel... although I don't think they have a traditional package as before.

Scott,

I am not interested in the individual patches, just the binary kernel RPM
packages Red Hat used to make available in between releases. Call it their
test or beta kernel releases working up to the next RHEL release. Often
one or two releases every week.

The RHEL5 link should make it clear what I mean.

It gives a nice view on what to expect kernel-wise for the next release,
but also provided a way to test and report any problems quickly.