[CentOS-devel] Confusing package versioning

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu May 5 14:48:03 UTC 2011

On 05/05/2011 03:40 PM, Jean-Marc Liger wrote:
> It was. But the initial question was : for same sub-release for example 5.6,
> could you have new or updated srpms, which wasn't in release/update 5.5,
> to rebuild with two different dist tags for example el5_5 and el5_6.

why would you be rebuilding the same srpm on 5.6 once its already done
and released under 5.5 ? as I said already, the disttag isnt used in the
EVR compares for new package EVR > older package EVR

the only place where this isnt true is the z-series packages, which we
dont built anyway. And even if we did the new package EVR does not need
to be higher than old package EVR

- KB