[CentOS-devel] Public QA Testing?

Jeff Sheltren jeff at osuosl.org
Wed May 11 17:06:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Mike Doroshenko <miked at tecknoquest.com> wrote:
> The calendar on the QA site says ISOs will be pushed to QA this
> Saturday. Will these ISOs be made public for testing or do I need to
> join the QA Team? I have some machines that I can run test installs on.

"Pushed to QA" in this case means pushing the packages (and ISOs) to a
set of machines where the current QA team has access to pull them down
via rsync.  There have been some recent discussions about adding some
people to the QA team, but I think that is going to wait until after
the 6.0 release.  The current QA team will be using
http://qaweb.dev.centos.org for tracking issues and reporting progress
regarding QA.  There are currently and will likely be more tasks
listed in the case tracker there which people not on the QA team could
help with (e.g. LiveCD).

-Jeff