[CentOS-devel] [Pulp-list] CentOS errata

Peter Meier peter.meier at immerda.ch
Tue Nov 29 12:24:59 UTC 2011

> Sometime ago I also tried to write a scrapper script in python to get
> all the erratas. My major crib that time was:
> 1. No fixed format of the subject line which made it difficult to
> scrap the package name

I think this is something that CentOS could improve in general about
how their Erratas are available. Karanbir Singh recently mentioned on
#pulp, that if there is something that could be done to help to
integrate CentOS better into pulp, this should be brought up to the
CentOS developers. (If I understood his comment correctly....)

So this is imho something that could be brought up on the centos-devel
list, or on the more appropriate one, if that doesn't fit there.

Hence, I CC this to the centos-devel list. I hope this is fine for everybody.

@centos-devel: Thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-list/2011-November/msg00110.html

> 2. Red Hat would announce the errata and only after a few days centos
> errata will come out. The time gap in the two made the server
> vulnerable.

This is the price you pay for CentOS. If you don't like that, you
should buy RedHat.

~pete