[CentOS-devel] Testers needed: nx (upgrade to the 3.5.0 series) and freenx (SELinux fix)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Oct 25 09:37:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 10/23/2011 07:09 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> While you are there, please also grab the current (testing) version of
> freenx ( freenx-0.7.3-8.el5.ay ). It has a fix for SELinux (thanks to
> Dan Walsh) as detailed here:

I did test these, works with selinux fix. It turned to out be a case of
virt-install new VM on a remote machine; yum install nx and freenx on
this remote machine; install the nx client from nomachine.com - setup it
to use GNOME desktop, paste in the client.id_dsa.key and connect.

I did haveto yum groupinstall Desktop and X Window System to get the
remote GUI to come up. And then I had to install a bunch of fonts to
make things look right ( http://www.karan.org/stuff/Screenshot-5.png was
what I got without the fonts )

- KB