[CentOS-devel] How to handle kABI when patching kernel

Mike Schmidt mike.schmidt at intello.com
Wed Apr 18 21:32:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Giovanni Tirloni <gtirloni at sysdroid.com>wrote:

> Yes, it's the same as the upstream's. You can either fix the code or
> disable the checks at your own risk.

I read the information you provided, thank you very much. I as already
familiar with all except the bugzilla entry. However, I still do not know
exactly what kind of thing breaks the kABI, so I would not know how to
identify the problem areas in the patch. Besides that, is updating the kABI
a solution, or not? How the kABI mechanism works is not clearly explained
from the documentation I have been able to find. Is there some
documentation that describes it for kmod developers?

--
*Mike SCHMIDT
**CTO